History of Yukon Solitaire
The Yukon Solitaire game is extremely popular. It is believed by many to have had its origins in the Yukon territory of Canada which would later become Alaska in the late 19th century or early 20th century.
Rules of Yukon Solitaire
Now, to understand how to play any game, you need to understand and remember all the rules. As we already said, the game Yukon Solitaire is very similar to Klondike, however, the rules are different. These are the rules for Yukon Solitaire that will ensure you play the game without making any mistakes.
- Only cards that are facing up are available to play.
- When a card facing down is unlocked you must turn it facing up so that it is available for you to play in the next turn.
- When there are empty spaces, you can fill them only with a King or a group of cards led by a King.
- Each foundation of cards must be compiled only of cards of the same suit.
- Each of the foundations must start with an Ace and go all the way down to a King.
- Cards that are facing down cannot be moved.
- You can only place cards on top of a card that is one rank higher. This means that you can place a red 8 below a black 9. The sequencing of the piles should be in alternating colors.
How to win Yukon Solitaire
You have won Yukon Solitaire when you have moved all fifty-two cards to the four foundation piles. However, if you run out of possible moves, the game is lost to you. This is where we need to mention that while you can’t undo a move when playing this game of Yukon Solitaireon a tableau, you are able to undo a move when playing Yukon Solitaire online. Anyway, you should always keep in mind that if you have a good enough strategy, you are more than likely to win. There will still be those games that are unwinnable. Although, they are few and far between.
There are many aspects to forming a good strategy. When it comes to games like Yukon Solitaire, there are a few things that you can do that can prove extremely beneficial in winning the game.
- Slowing down and making sure to think about your options before rushing to make any moves. This will be extremely beneficial when you are first starting to play Solitaire or many of its variations. When you are first learning how to play it may take some time before you figure out all the aspects of the game and you shouldn’t let that deprive you of a victory.
- Trying to uncover all the cards on the tableau as soon as you can is extremely important. Your chances of winning the Yukon Solitaire game increase as the number of cards in play. It’s a smart move to consider moving the cards that hold the biggest strategic advantage. You should always try to move cards that will uncover more cards facing down first.
- If you find you have a King you need to move, what you should do first is try to clear a column for it. While that means the King will be out of your way, you should only ever empty a column if you have a King to place. This way you are making sure you don’t empty a column that will then be useless to you as you will not be able to put cards on it.
- If you find yourself unable to uncover more facing-down cards, you should turn your focus on uncovering cards that can be moved to the foundation. Furthermore, the Aces should be moved to the foundations as soon as possible as they reduce your possible moves when they are on the tableau.
Tips for Yukon Solitaire
Along with a decent strategy, some tips can be useful when you play Yukon Solitaire.
- Always try to plan and take a few moments to study the tableau. Trying to anticipate how a move will affect the rest of the Yukon Solitaire game is very handy.
- Focus on moving cards from the tableau and especially try to move cards that will uncover hidden cards and therefore help in freeing up columns.
- Placing the Aces on the foundation piles as soon as possible will help you start to build your foundation piles.
- Always remember to keep an eye on the stockpile as you only go through it once in the Yukon Solitaire game. Try to only go to the stockpile when you don’t have any possible moves.
- Utilize the undo button. One of the best things about playing free online Yukon Solitaire is that you can undo your moves which can help you a lot.
These tips will undoubtedly help you win when playing free Yukon Solitaire.
Yukon Solitaire is one of those card games that can be enjoyed anytime and anywhere you like. And now that you know everything about the game, you can decide for yourself whether you want to go and play Yukon Solitaire free online or just simply play Yukon Solitaire on a tableau. We are sure that you will enjoy it either way.